Our fall classes are almost over.
Our winter session begins January 9th, 2019. Register early – classes fill quickly!
Please note: You must be 12 years or older to train with our club.
Register early! Classes are limited in size an fill up quickly. Please make your cheque or money order payable to “NOSA”. Registration and membership fees may be combined in the same cheque or money order. Download the registration form below.
Registration for new members in beginners and puppy classes is ongoing. These classes are very popular and placement is based on receipt of completed forms and payment. Mail your completed forms (registration, membership and waiver form), along with your puppy class fee to NOSA training chairperson Irene Copus. You’ll find her mailing address on the NOSA membership and waiver release form. Membership is required for all students. Puppy and Beginner class participants may choose either an annual Associate (non-voting) membership ($10) or an Ordinary membership ($20). Please see our membership details here.
Puppy and Beginners classes operate on a first-come, first-served, pre-registration basis.
- If your dog will be under 5 ½ months of age when classes start, you will want to go into Puppy class.
- If your dog will be 6 months or older at the time classes start, you will want to go into Beginners class.
In order to be placed in a class, or on our waiting list should classes be full, please download, complete and sign either:
- a NOSA Puppy registration form [PDF]
or a NOSA Beginners registration form [PDF]; and a
- NOSA waiver and member application. [PDF]
Once your completed forms and fees have been received, your place in class (or on a waiting list) will be confirmed by phone or email by our Training Chairperson. If you do not receive confirmation within a reasonable amount of time, please email us to ensure your forms have not been lost in the mail. Should you, for whatever reason, wish to withdraw prior to the first night of class, your registration fee, minus a $10 administration fee, will be refunded. Please read our refund policy.
For this night, and this night only, all Beginner and Puppy owners are to come at the same time (6:15 p.m.). Remember to bring proof of your dog’s vaccinations, but please leave your dog at home. You will be given an introduction to our club and have an opportunity to meet with your instructor. There will also be a short demonstration of what you can expect to learn from a Beginners class and what you can accomplish should you choose to go beyond Beginners.
For all other students: Classes start with your dog on Wednesday, January 9th as scheduled.
All other classes (not Puppy, not Beginners)
- Advanced level classes (i.e., Novice Practice through Utility). For Open and Utility classes, priority is given to those trialing under a NOSA trialing card. For all other classes, priority is given to those presently training at NOSA. If you are new to the area and are considering training at NOSA, contact us to begin the registration process. Payment is due at the time of registration. No exceptions. Please read our refund policy.
- Progression through the various levels of training is based on the owner/dog’s demonstrated ability and the results of either AIOC or CKC obedience trials.